The simple webinar definition is a live and virtual event executed online. Webinars can be educational or instructive session. They can include either audio or visual communication between the host speaker and attendees. From a business standpoint, a free webinar is important for delivering your message and idea to a wider public.
Read on to find out more of the benefits of webinars, what is a webinar, and what are some tips to make your webinar more successful.
Best Alternative for Zoom to Host a Meeting
We mentioned previously that you need a reputable platform to host an online webinar. Well, ClickMeeting is the one you need. What can you do with ClickMeeting? You can showcase your product, you can do online courses and training, or you can host an online business meeting and collaboration. The best part about ClickMeeting is you can scale up your webinar to reach thousands of people.
- ClickMeeting has tools and features for every step of the webinar. You can use the tools to set up your webinar, host the webinar, and collect data and analyze it after the webinar.
- Preparing your webinar with ClickMeeting is simple and easy. The software also gives you options for customized invitations and custom branding. Using the webinar Address Book you can easily manage your contacts and invite them for a webinar.
- ClickMeeting also supports multiuser and subaccounts for your colleagues, trainers, and consultants. And if you want to automate your business, the software lets you prepare automated webinars, and use PayPal integration to monetize your expertise.
- During the Webinar, you can use the WhiteBoard to present your idea, product, or any expertise. Text boxes, shapes, and drawing tools make the whiteboard more unique and visually appealing for the attendees.
- Polls and surveys keep your audience engaged. And you do not have to worry about people not understanding you. Thanks to Google Translate integration, ClickMeeting allows for simultaneous chat translation.
- After the webinar, do not miss on the opportunity to follow up with your attendees. Use the software's webinar and attendee statistics to see how your presentation went. Create a thank you page to properly say goodbye to your audience. For future webinars, you can store presentation files and webinar recordings.
- And at the end of the day, ClickMeeting is one of the few presentation software products that give you insight into performance rating. You can use it to learn audience options and reactions to your webinar.
What is Webinar and Why People Host Webinar
Webinars are a powerful tool for your business arsenal. Both B2C and B2B companies use webinars in their marketing strategy. However, it is a tactic most commonly used in B2B marketing. If you want something to help you attract new clients and grow your business, a webinar is the way to go. Here are some reasons why people host webinars.
1. Develop authority and trust
Hosting a webinar will allow your business to showcase its industry knowledge, abilities, products, services, and much more. You can also provide the human element. At the end of the day, people want to see the face behind the business and company logo.
2. Create and build on business relationships
During a webinar, you speak to a group of potential prospects. It allows you to understand and get to know people at a much deeper level. You cannot get that interaction during a 30 seconds commercial. People do business with people.
3. Increase your sales
With a webinar, you can make sales without selling hard. You need the right kind of content. And with that, you can soft-sell your prospects without even having to actually sell. Webinars teach and sell at the same time.
4. Understand target audience
People that are interested in your product will probably join your webinar. This gives you a chance to understand them. Interactive questions and answers allow your company to better understand what the audience needs and wants.
5. Raise brand awareness
Webinars allow you to increase your business exposure greatly. And they happen live. They keep your audience engaged. With no additional cost or factors, you can promote your business and raise awareness about an issue.
6. Build list and generate leads
To enter a webinar, a person needs to complete a sign-up form. These forms allow you to collect lead information. That includes email addresses, job titles, and much more. You can use the data to create the perfect sales lead.
7. Affordable way to sell
At the end of the day, hosting a webinar is an affordable way to arrange and share your idea. Meetings, seminars, and conferences cost a lot of money. They need a lot of organizing as well. You need to find a venue, catering, and more. Webinars require only a valid internet connection, microphone, and a webcam.
Tips: What to Enhance and What to Avoid in a Webinar
Webinars are more and more popular. More than half of marketing users use them as a content marketing tool. The difference between a good, great, and awful webinar is small. Tiny details make or break your webinar.
Start by choosing a reputable webinar platform. You want a hosting platform you can trust. We will get to it afterward. A good platform makes it easy for people to register and join your webinar. You want a platform that people can use from a computer, smartphone, or tablet.
Make sure to promote the webinar in advance. Create an engaging landing page that will introduce your webinar, the topic, and the speakers. You want people to be engaged about the webinar even before it starts. Post a short video to give them an inside look and tease attendees.
The two most important aspects of a successful webinars is choosing a topic that will interest your audience, and engaging with the audience. Always go for a topic that will resonate with your target audience. If the idea is too broad, make sure to narrow it down. Your goal is to provide value to attendees, not just to market your product. Make sure to clearly communicate and deliver your message.
To make the presentation visually appealing, use images and introduce just one topic per slide. This will keep the audience interested and engaged. Webinar platforms allow you to ask questions and initiate interaction using polls.
What you need to avoid? The first thing on the list, a double opt-in feature. This might come as a surprise. Many people recommend them as a confirmation of not spamming. But you have to take the busy schedule of people into account. Many of your attendees are too busy and might forget to confirm subscription.
Avoid speaking too long on a talking point. Your audience will be bored after the first 10 to 15 minutes. You do not want that. Avoid using too much text. It is hard on the eyes. And it makes the presentation much more boring. Provide only valuable information your audience can read easily.
Last, but not least, do not let people know there is a replay. That might train your attendees to watch the replay. You want them to attend live webinar.